Regenerative Medicine of Epithelia: Lessons From the Past and Future Goals
Maurizi E, Adamo D, Magrelli FA, Galaverni G, Attico E, Merra A, Maffezzoni MBR, Losi L, Genna VG, Sceberras V, Pellegrini G.
This article explores examples of successful and unsuccessful regenerative medicine on human epithelia. To evaluate the applications of the first regenerated tissues, the analysis of the past successes and failures addresses some pending issues and lay the groundwork for developing new therapies. Research should still be encouraged to fill the gap between pathologies, clinical applications and what regenerative medicine can attain with current knowledge.
Front Bioeng Biotechnol . 2021 Mar 25;9:652214.
- Terapia genica per i bambini farfalla, confermati i risultati
- Last-gasp gene therapy saved a Syrian refugee’s life. Five years later, the boy is thriving and a clinical trial is starting
- Transgenic Epidermal Cultures for Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa — 5-Year Outcomes
- Terapia genica per i bambini farfalla: 5 anni di follow-up pubblicati sulla rivista New England Journal of Medicine
- Le cellule staminali “nate” a Modena ridanno speranza ai pazienti ciechi