Regenerative Medicine of Epithelia: Lessons From the Past and Future Goals
Front Bioeng Biotechnol . 2021 Mar 25;9:652214. doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2021.652214. eCollection 2021.
Maurizi E, Adamo D, Magrelli FA, Galaverni G, Attico E, Merra A, Maffezzoni MBR, Losi L, Genna VG, Sceberras V, Pellegrini G.
This article explores examples of successful and unsuccessful regenerative medicine on human epithelia. To evaluate the applications of the first regenerated tissues, the analysis of the past successes and failures addresses some pending issues and lay the groundwork for developing new therapies. Research should still be encouraged to fill the gap between pathologies, clinical applications and what regenerative medicine can attain with current knowledge.
Keywords: clinical applications; cornea; epidermolysis bullosa; epithelia; oral mucosa; regenerative medicine; salivary gland; trachea.
PMID: 33947848 DOI: 10.1038/s41467-021-22779-9
- Holoclar is now available also in Czech Republic
- Single-keratinocyte transcriptomic analyses identify different clonal types and proliferative potential mediated by FOXM1 in human epidermal stem cells
- Michele De Luca wins an ERC Advanced Grant
- Regenerative Medicine of Epithelia: Lessons From the Past and Future Goals
- Italy on the Move 2021: round table in the context of J.P. Morgan Annual Healthcare Conference