Advances in stem cell research and therapeutic development
De Luca M, Aiuti A, Cossu G, Parmar M, Pellegrini G, Robey PG
Despite many reports of putative stem-cell-based treatments in genetic and degenerative disorders or severe injuries, the number of proven stem cell therapies has remained small. In this Review, we survey advances in stem cell research and describe the cell types that are currently being used in the clinic or are close to clinical trials. Finally, we analyse the scientific rationale, experimental approaches, caveats and results underpinning the clinical use of such stem cells.
Nat Cell Biol. 2019 Jul;21(7):801-811.
- Terapia genica per i bambini farfalla, confermati i risultati
- Last-gasp gene therapy saved a Syrian refugee’s life. Five years later, the boy is thriving and a clinical trial is starting
- Transgenic Epidermal Cultures for Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa — 5-Year Outcomes
- Terapia genica per i bambini farfalla: 5 anni di follow-up pubblicati sulla rivista New England Journal of Medicine
- Le cellule staminali “nate” a Modena ridanno speranza ai pazienti ciechi