Advances in stem cell research and therapeutic development
De Luca M, Aiuti A, Cossu G, Parmar M, Pellegrini G, Robey PG
Despite many reports of putative stem-cell-based treatments in genetic and degenerative disorders or severe injuries, the number of proven stem cell therapies has remained small. In this Review, we survey advances in stem cell research and describe the cell types that are currently being used in the clinic or are close to clinical trials. Finally, we analyse the scientific rationale, experimental approaches, caveats and results underpinning the clinical use of such stem cells.
Nat Cell Biol. 2019 Jul;21(7):801-811.
Andrea Chiesi ATMP Awards Brno combined cell and gene therapy Cornea corneal endothelial cells Emilia-Romagna Open Epidermolysis Bullosa European Biotech Week Events FOXM1 gene therapy genodematoses Global Manufacturing & Industrialisation Summit Graziella Pellegrini Holoclar Holostem Hypospadias Hypospadias J.P. Morgan Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency LSCD Marco Dieci Marco Dieci Michele De Luca News Open Day Oral Mucosa Publications Terapia genica TERMIS Trachea
- Newcastle pharmacy experts work with Italian biotech lab to provide access to sight-saving treatment across England
- Holostem Terapie Avanzate begins its transition to a Foundation
- Transgenic Epidermal Cultures for Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa — 5-Year Outcomes
- Gene therapy for butterfly children: 5-year follow-up published in the New England Journal of Medicine
- Hologene 5: A Phase II/III Clinical Trial of Combined Cell and Gene Therapy of Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa